Lincoln Depot Museum
The Lincoln Depot, the last remaining depot of its kind in northeastern Michigan, a reminder of Michigan's former dependence on the railroads that snaked up and down the state.
Lincoln Train Depot (originally called the West Harrisville Depot) was built in 1886 by the Detroit, Bay City and Alpena Railroad and has been standing since the 1880's.
The Depot is located on Lake Street in Lincoln and served the community and the surrounding area until 1929. It had been a private residence since about 1930 and is now owned by the Lincoln downtown Development Authority.
First rail service to this area passed through Lincoln from the south and continued north through Ossineke to Alpena.